CREATE A CLUB CONTEST
CREATE A CLUB CONTEST - GUIDELINES AND RULES
February 19, 2021
American Futbol Provisions (AFP) has partnered with Soccer Banditz (SB), Short Corners Long Prose (SCLP), and Mockup FC (MFC) to create a fictitious soccer club in New England.
We are looking for a club name and crest that will clearly identify this club as a New England entity. The winning design may be used on partner websites, social media sites, merchandise, or anywhere else the contest partners choose.
This document describes the official requirements and rules of the contest.
By entering, participants agree to be bound by these rules. Violating any rule or not following instructions may eliminate participants’ eligibility. The partners of this contest have the right to disqualify any entrant at any time at their sole discretion.
- Potential names for this club are (but not limited to): BOSTON SOCCER CLUB (BSC), BOSTON FOOTBALL CLUB (BFC), SIX STATES FUTBOL CLUB (SSFC)
- Club names that will NOT be accepted are: NEW ENGLAND FUTBOL CLUB (NEFC), NEW ENGLAND FOOTBALL CLUB (NEFC), NEW ENGLAND SOCCER CLUB (NESC), NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION, NEW ENGLAND REVS, BOSTON CITY FC, FC BOSTON, BOSTON UNITED, BOSTON BREAKERS, BOSTON SIEGE, BOSTON ROVERS, BOSTON MINUTEMEN, BOSTON ASTROS, BOSTON BEACONS, BOSTON BOLTS
- The contest is open to any fan of the beautiful game
- The contest is not open to members of AFP, SB, SCLP, or MFC.
- Participants are permitted to work in groups; however, only one (1) prize will be awarded.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND HOW TO ENTER
- The contest is open from 12:01 a.m. February 19, 2021 Eastern Standard Time (EST) and closes at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) March 12, 2021.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- AFP, SB, SCLP, and MFC will select the finalists on March 19, 2021.
- The winning design will be selected on March 26, 2021.
- All entries must be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions must include the full name(s) of the person(s) who designed the crest, email address, postal address, and telephone number.
- No more than three (3) submissions per person or team is acceptable.
- Each submission must be sent in a separate email.
- There is no fee to enter the contest.
DESIGN GUIDELINES AND PARAMETERS
- The crest should incorporate the Club name (abbreviated and/or spelled out).
- Please include a breakdown of the crest’s design elements.
- Entries must be submitted as a JPG file and in a scalable vector graphic format (EPS or AI).
- Color must be CMYK, though the crest may also be produced in black and white. Participants are advised to avoid gradients and half-tones.
- The crest must be easy to use, handle, resize, and manipulate for all reproduction purposes. It should be visually appealing on both small (2 cm x 2 cm) and large scales.
- The crest must be appropriate for a professional setting.
- Entrants affirm their submissions are their own original work, have not been copied from others, and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
- Submissions become the sole property of American Futbol Provisions and may be used for any purposes, including, but not limited to, display on websites, social media, and merchandise.
- American Futbol Provisions shall have the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
- American Futbol Provisions reserves the right to choose not to use the winning entry as described in these contest guidelines.
- American Futbol Provisions reserves the right to use any other entry for promotional purposes in the future.
- If the winner is determined to have violated any rules, he/she will be required to forfeit or return the prize, even if the determination is made after the prize has been awarded.
DETERMINATION OF WINNER
- The winning entry will be selected by members from AFP, SB, SCLP, and MFC. Their decision will be final and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
- Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, adherence to the concept prompting the com, quality of design, and ease of reproduction for the purposes stated above.
- The winner will be notified via email and announced on the AFP, SB, and SCLP social media channels.
The winning designer or team will receive the following prizes:
- $50.00 gift card to American Futbol Provisions
- Soccer Banditz logo t-shirt and sticker
- Interview with Short Corners Long Prose
- Kit design by Mockup FC
- Promotion on AFP, SB, SCLP, and MFC social media sites
Prizes remain the same regardless of the size of the team submitting the winning entry.
- Contest partners are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unusable entries, including entries that are lost or unusable due to computer, internet, or electronic problems.
- Contest partners reserve the right to cancel or modify the contest and award the prize by alternate means if fraud or technical failure is determined at any time, including after the submission window has closed.
- Contest partners are not liable, for the purpose of winner and prize notification and delivery, in the event the winner has provided incorrect, outdated, or otherwise invalid contact information
ABOUT AMERICAN FUTBOL PROVISIONS
American Futbol Provisions is a soccer apparel company created for supporters by supporters of the Beautiful Game. AFP's mission is to support all levels of soccer in the United States and promote a culture of respect and inclusion. Check them out @americanfutbolprovisions
ABOUT SOCCER BANDITZ
Soccer Banditz is a revolutionary new podcast dedicated to exemplifying different aspects of the beautiful game. Segments differentiate between soccer based discussions and interviews with key persona involved with the game that affects the global community. You can find Soccer Banditz exclusively on Spotify Podcasts and @soccerbanditz
ABOUT SHORT CORNERS LONG PROSE
Short Corners Long Prose are three friends who are Revolution fans first, looking to share their love of soccer with everyone else. SCLP has fun just writing about the passions we feel in our teams. They would love to hear your soccer passions as well. Find them @shortcornesrlongprose
ABOUT MOCKUP FC
Mockup FC is a graphic design organization currently specialising in sportswear design and team branding, with a love of football and the fashion it can inspire. Their aim is to bespoke unique designs at an affordable price for anyone that's looking to get themselves ahead of the game. Examples of their work can be found on Instagram @mockup_fc